Editor: Janine Hansen
October 2013, In the Year of Our Lord
Vol.39 No. 10, Email version
We want to let you know how much we appreciate you…you are the grassroots that make all the difference! You believe in the vision of America as conceived by our Founding Fathers providing liberty and justice for all. You have not been deceived by the socialist/Marxists who now control our government.
We also want to thank you for your continuing support. We will be sending each of you who have contributed $50 this year a “Freedom Calendar” which each month provides information on the first Ten Amendments…the Bill of Rights. THANK YOU!
Below is a resolution which I thought you would find, as I did, most enlightening…Obamacare is indeed Unconstitutional even if our corrupt U.S. Supreme Court says otherwise.
10 REASONS WHY OBAMACARE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL
The following resolution was written by my brother, Joel F. Hansen, attorney
It was adopted by the Independent American Party State Central Committee in Tonopah, October 19, 2013
INDEPENDENT AMERICAN PARTY RESOLUTION OPPOSING OBAMACARE
Adopted Oct. 19, 2013 A.D. at IAP State Central Committee Meeting, Tonopah, Nevada, United States of America
We hold these truths to be self evident, that the people of the United States adopted the Bill of Rights to the U.S. Constitution establish a nation of freedom for the individual, and created a government whose duty it was to protect its citizens’ individual liberty, and that Obamacare will destroy our liberty, therefore we adopt the following resolution:
Whereas, The United States Congress has passed into law the so-called Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly known as Obamacare or OBC; and
Whereas, the President of the United States has signed Obamacare into law; and
Whereas, the United States Supreme Court has declared that Obamacare does not violate the US Constitution; and
Whereas, the Independent American Party of Nevada, speaking through its State Central Committee, believes and declares that Obamacare is probably the most unwise and unconstitutional law ever enacted in American History, a decent respect to the opinions of the people of Nevada and of the United States requires that we should declare the reasons which compel us to denounce Obamacare…
OBAMACARE VIOLATES THE US CONSTITUTION IN MANY WAYS, SOME OF WHICH ARE:
2. CHECKS AND BALANCES: Obamacare transfers so much power to the executive that it violates the principle of checks and balances among three co equal branches of the government. Innumerable regulations governing and enforcing OBC have already been issued and there are more to come. This is legislation by the executive. Obama has issued 293 executive orders in his 3 1/2 years in office, more than all previous presidents combined. This is a slide into tyranny. Innumerable regulations governing and enforcing OBC have already been issued and there are more to come. This is legislation by the executive.
4. FOURTH AMENDMENT: The IRS is charged with enforcing OBC by adding a penalty for not complying with the individual mandate to your taxes. In order to do this, the law authorizes the FG (federal government) full access to all of your bank accounts. This is on the excuse that they must determine if we are eligible for subsidies and make sure the FG receives payment. This is a gross violation of the 4th amendment’s prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures and of the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects. And, no warrant is required to get information from your bank account, as required by the 4th amendment. OBC sets up a board of 15 non doctors which will decide which treatments doctors can provide to their patients for a given condition. The relationship between a patient and his or her doctor has always been protected by the doctor/patient privilege. This is gone under OBC. The federal bureaucrats will have access to all of our medical records so they can decide how you'll be treated, how much treatment you can receive (rationing), by whom you will be treated, and when you can be treated.
6. THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT: The individual mandate forces us to work to have the money to buy insurance, or pay a fine. This violates the thirteenth amendment’s prohibition against involuntary servitude. This is an unprecedented intrusion upon our personal liberty.
7. RIGHT TO LIFE: The Federal Government has never been granted the power to ration health care. The fifth and fourteenth amendments prohibit the federal government and the states from depriving any persons of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law. OBC places strict restrictions on what medical care people can receive in their old age. By depriving senior citizens of needed health care, thus resulting in earlier death, OBC deprives them of their lives.
8. FIRST AMENDMENT, RIGHT TO LIFE, AND ABORTION: Obamacare violates the right to life of unborn infants by funding abortions and mandating insurance coverage for abortions. The religious liberty of the religious entities and other non-church-related organizations covered by an entity’s health care plan is violated by a rule issued by the Department of Health and Human Services to implement the 2010 health-care law. The HHS regulation requires employers to pay for coverage of workers' contraceptives, including drugs that can cause abortions, but does not provide an exemption for religious entities.Citizens who oppose abortion will be required to pay premiums for insurance policies which fund abortions. Doctors and other health care professionals who have religious objections to abortions will be forced to perform abortions.
9. SECOND AMENDMENT: OBC gives Doctors the right and duty to find out from you if you have a gun in your home. This information goes into your medical records. OBC demands that all medical records be transferred to a central database controlled by the Federal Government, no warrant required.
10. HEAD TAX: The Obamacare individual Mandate is a direct Tax which is unconstitutional under Article 1 section 9: No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken. No provision for making this head tax proportional is made in the Obamacare law.
For these, and many other reasons, We the Central Committee of the Independent American Party of Nevada, do adopt this resolution in defense of our lives, our liberty, our property, our families, and our religion. We urge all state governors, all state and federal legislators, and all state and federal judges to do all in their power to repeal, nullify, and make void the so-called patient protection and affordable care act, i.e. Obamacare. Done this 19th day of October in the Year of Our Lord 2013.
We, the members of the Central Committee of the Independent American Party do hereby endorse and support the above Resolution of the Independent American Party opposing Obamacare.
Coming: Obamacare Train Wreck
from Phyllis Schlafly October Report, www.eagleforum.org
The problem with Obamacare isn’t only that it’s careening toward a financial train wreck. It’s also a slush fund to pay off Obama’s political activists to carry out a massive invasion of privacy that dwarfs the NSA’s collection of personal data on American citizens.
We first learned about this payoff to Obama’s special friends when the Administration admitted it will give $655,000 in federal funds to three Planned Parenthood affiliates in Iowa, Montana and New Hampshire, plus $375,000 to Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington, D.C., to hire Navigators whose job is to assist citizens to report all their personal medical and financial information to the government. The Navigators’ project is so intrusive that we wonder why we ever worried about data collection by the NSA as exposed by Edward Snowden…
Investor’s Business Daily broke this news on Oct. 2, 2013: “Somehow it does not surprise us that among the conductors on the train wreck known as Obamacare will be leftist agitators from President Obama’s beloved ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. They’ll get up to $48 an hour as ‘Navigators’ to lead us through the dead-end Obamacare maze.”
The Continued Amnesty Immigration Betrayal by Congress
Now that the phony government shut down and the budget debate has ended in betrayal by the Republicans, the U.S. House Republicans are back again to betray the American people on immigration. Congressman Ryan deviously plans to pass possibly six immigration bills that will then go to a Conference Committee with the Senate Gang of Eight’s bill S.744. In this way, they can essentially bypass any restrictions or requirements in the House’s bill and compromise with the Senate to get Amnesty. See August 2013 Newsletter for more details: www.nevadafamilies.org
Please Contact Nevada’s Congressmen and tell them:
Vote NO on all immigration bills. Any Yes vote will be considered a vote for Amnesty because it will go to Conference committee with the Senate’s Gang of Eight S.744 bill and result in amnesty for illegals.
Mark Amodei: Email: https://amodeiforms.house.gov/contact-us
WDC: 202-225-6155, Elko 775-738-2001, Reno 775-686-5760
Joe Heck: Email https://heck.house.gov/contact-me/email-me
WDC: 202-225-3252, Las Vegas 702-387-4941
Steven Horsford: Email http://horsford.house.gov/contact
WDC: 202-225-9782, Las Vegas 702-802-4500
Dina Titus: Email https://titus.house.gov/contact/email-me
WDC: 202-225-5965, Las Vegas 702-220-9823
Welcome to Nevada Families for Freedom. Sign up to receive our email alerts, monthly newsletters, the Voter Guide and start making a difference today. If you want to make a difference you have come to the right place.
Nevada Families for Freedom has been enabling constitution minded, conservative and pro-family men and women to participate in the process of self-government and public policy making. This work will help preserve individual liberty, respect for family integrity, public and private virtue, and private enterprise in the State of Nevada and in America.
Nevada Families' achievements prove that citizen-volunteers can make a difference in our local communities, in Carson City at the State Capitol and in Congress. We also work to elect candidates at every level and articulate pro-constitution, conservative and pro-family policies through the media.
Nevada Families has published the Nevada Families Voter Guide every general election since 1988. Nevada Families asks candidates the hard questions so that voters can be informed where candidates stand on critical issues. The Voter Guide also includes the voting records of state legislators on important issues.
Send cash, check or m.o. and/or requests payable to:
186 Ryndon Unit 12
Elko, Nevada 89801